Content Planner- 14 Month Fixed Term - Sky
About the role…
As a Content Planner you own the outcome of scheduling content to play-out. You’ll ensure that all end-to-end requirements are in place and maintained. You have end-to-end ownership for content scheduling.
You cope well under pressure and plan for all contingencies. You attend to detail and produce work that is accurate and of a high standard. You are motivated to see tasks through to the end. You have high levels of drive, energy and enthusiasm.
The key areas of focus will include:
- Owning the outcome of scheduling content to play-out, ensuring all that is required end-to-end across the process is in place and maintained
- End-to-end ownership of content scheduling, including ad breaks, promos and content
- Ensuring that the customer experience of Sky content is at a high-quality level, delivered to Play-out on-time, accurately, and fault-free
- Scheduling to drive a ‘Right First Time’ mentality, ensuring all details outside of unavoidable amendments are accurate
- Ensuring late amendments are smoothly transitioned into schedules with minimal delay and disruption
- Understanding and integrating the bigger picture around the positioning of content to ensure scheduling meets the requirements set out by the broader content strategy for the channel or platform at hand
- Providing feedback to Content Planning Leads and Content Leads on improvement opportunities across the Content workflow that supports a 'right first time' content delivery mechanism
- Working with Advertising Traffic Co-ordinators where required for the obtaining and fulfilment of advertising slots
- Be invested in the content schedule - owning the story of what you are putting together, looking for ways to bring to life the content positioning that we seek to achieve
- Continuously learning from your peers, working collaboratively to share different scheduling approaches supporting increase in capability and performance
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
- Previous Scheduling and Television experience with understanding of scheduling and the television industry is preferable but not essential.
- Previous knowledge working with an automated scheduling system (advantageous)
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a related role within the broadcast/television industry (advantageous)
- Knowledge of workflows related to the television environment is helpful
- Working understanding of Broadcast Standards Authority regulations and implications
The Cherry on the top…
- An excellent salary package
- Free Sky and Free Neon
- Flexible Working Hours and Location
- Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
- Free parking onsite
A Bit About Us…
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full role profile can be provided upon request