Data Services Analyst - Sky
What are we looking for
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
As the Data Services Analyst you’ll ensure the maintenance and evolution of Sky’s data to improve Sky’s processes and decision making.
You’ll be solution focussed and enjoy working collaboratively. You’ll also love meeting the needs of your customer.
• Accessibility, retrievability, security, quality, and retention of data
• Providing advice on the transformation of data/information from one format or medium to another
• Enabling the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data and metadata structures and protection measures
• Establishing the purpose and parameters of data visualisation
• Providing overall control, to ensure appropriate use of data visualisation tools and techniques
• Advising on appropriate use of data visualisation for different purposes and contexts to enable requirements to be satisfied
• Developing plans showing how the identified user needs will be met
• Leading the exploration of new approaches for data visualisation
• Minimum 3 years experiencing working as data analyst working with databases, Business Intelligence tools and data source analysis
• Strong data architecture skills and exceptional SQL skills
• Working with cloud infrastructure including snowflake, AWS etc.
• Problem solver with exceptional analytical skills
• Ability to communicate and manage stakeholder expectations
• Exposure to troubleshooting Data quality issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive personality and adaptable to work with a range of personalities
Working for Sky
From live sport to movies, premium drama to world-class documentaries and breaking news – Sky is giving Kiwis their daily fix of the best content. With nearly 30 years in the business, we love working hard to reward our customers with unique experiences, every day.
We are looking for unique, talented and driven people to be a part of our future. Careers at Sky give you the opportunity to grow, develop and learn; to explore new ideas, influence real change and make an impact. You will be a part of a friendly team of over 1100, and you won’t be short of benefits to enjoy – free Sky and Neon, plus a range of health and fitness options like access to onsite group fitness classes and yoga, and an onsite cafe plus free parking.
You must be located in Auckland and available for an immediate interview and have the right to live and work in this location.