Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted
Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted
The multi-Michelin-star chef and Ironman athlete embarks on a new, exhilarating adventure around the globe in National Geographic’s new series, Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted.
From Peru, Laos and Morocco, to Hawaii, Alaska, and New Zealand, Ramsay will be roaring through valleys, diving into oceans, hiking through forests, and scaling mountains in his relentless pursuit of culinary inspiration. Food and adventure programming is familiar ground for Ramsay, whose 2010 UK series, Gordon’s Great Escapes, saw the venerable chef explore the food culture of India and Southeast Asia.
Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted follows Ramsay as he meets with indigenous people around the globe to learn about the cultures, dishes, and flavours unique to each location. Every ingredient he harvests and every dish he tastes will inspire a new recipe made from scratch, created to represent the heart of that culture. Each episode concludes with Ramsay challenging himself with a local food legend by his side — putting his newfound skills to the test as they cook a feast together for the natives. For Ramsay, food is the gateway to culture, and every adventure is a portal into the soul of the people and place.
“It has been an amazing journey travelling off the beaten path with National Geographic and connecting with locals to learn and share incredible stories of unique traditions, delicacies, and the extreme lengths it takes to harvest native ingredients,” said Ramsay. “I have learned way more filming this series than I have in the last 10 years.”
The adventures — culinary and otherwise — that Ramsay takes in the premiere season include:
• Trekking through a dense jungle in Laos to sample weaver ant eggs and diving through dangerous waters on the hunt for snails and giant water bugs
• Hunting for eels with his bare hands using traditional Māori techniques with a local fisherman by his side in New Zealand
• Working with local foragers to harvest Maui’s deadliest catch with homemade tools and spearfishing with legendary free diver Kimi Werner in Hawaii
• Climbing a sheer rock face during a snowstorm with a local forager to harvest native herbs in Alaska
• Rappelling down a raging waterfall to meet with local mushroom hunters in Morocco
• Hanging off a cliff in pursuit of cactus worms — a delicacy in Peru
Don't miss this brand new series premiering Monday 5 August at 8.30pm.