Legal Counsel - Sky
About the role…
Become part of a supportive, friendly and highly valued legal team. We work closely with our business partners to manage legal and commercial risk, help achieve the best outcomes for our business and provide services that truly delight our customers. We’d love you to join our Sky crew, in a role that will challenge you, offer exciting career opportunities and invites you to bring your authentic self to work every day.
A Bit About Us…
We’re Sky, a media and entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for over 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
What you’ll be doing…
- Responsible and accountable to the Head of Legal.
- Providing legal support and guidance to ensure Sky’s compliance with applicable consumer laws, including fair trading compliance and privacy.
- Providing legal support and guidance for the Technology business unit, including review, negotiation and drafting of key commercial agreements to deliver Sky’s Technology operations, broadcast, and procurement objectives.
- Keeping abreast of developments to key consumer legislation and regulations that impact the business and assist in advising senior management accordingly.
- Demonstrating and embodying the mind-set, beliefs, and values of a Sky crew member.
What you’ll bring…
- You will love learning about our business, our services and most importantly our customers.
- A friendly and approachable team member who enjoys building strong relationships of trust and confidence across the business.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of matters.
- Articulate and confident communicator.
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm to collaborate and learn.
- Confidence in working through change and uncertainty.
- Attention to detail, sound drafting skills and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
Your Back Story…
- Law Degree
- Current New Zealand Law Society Practising Certificate
- Minimum 3-4 years post admission experience in well regarded commercial law firm or in-house legal role in medium/large corporate
- Preferred background in Media, Television, Telecommunications, Technology and/or Consumer law
- Experience in general commercial law and contract drafting
- An ability to assess and evaluate legal issues and risks and provide commercially focussed, practical legal advice
The Cherry on the top…
- An excellent salary package
- Free Sky TV and Neon
- Flexible Working Hours and Location
How to Apply
Please apply through Seek. A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the right to work in New Zealand. Sky is not currently able to support/sponsor work visas