Media Engagement Manager - Sky
What are we looking for
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the sport and stories they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we are heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
As the Media Engagement Manager, you understand that Sky is about people - our customers and crew, our partners, our stakeholders (including the media) and our investors. You’ll also understand that where we’re at isn’t going to get us where we need to be. You’ll come with ideas, energy and optimism to tell the Sky story well and take our people and stakeholders on the journey of change with us.
You’re driven by outcomes and business success, collaborative in your approach with others, and a strong strategic and operational thinker with the ability to convert plans into execution. You demonstrate great judgement, possess a growth mindset, are thoughtful and considerate, innovative and pragmatic. You have strong intellectual capability with the ability to work through complex problems to solution.
The key areas of focus will include:
• Handling all of Sky’s corporate media engagement.
• Developing and maintaining relationships across a wide range of media.
• Working with colleagues in Corporate Affairs to build and implement Sky’s external affairs strategy.
• Using your writing skills to produce high quality communication materials that are great to read and tell the Sky story well.
• Working with the CEO and Executive to gain exposure for key Sky initiatives, including coaching and strategic support.
• Being a trusted voice of Sky to external audiences.
• Working with the CEO, CFO and Director of External Affairs on key strategic activity including risk and crisis management
• Representing Sky at external functions where appropriate.
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
• 10+ years’ experience in media or PR
• Journalism, PR or Communications degree
• Proven track record in working with media with aplomb
• Great interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work confidently with a range of stakeholders, including Sky’s Executive Leadership Team, colleagues across Sky, external contacts including media.
The Cherry on the top…
• An excellent salary package
• Free Sky and Free Neon
• Flexible Working Hours and Location
• Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
• Free parking onsite
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter through SEEK
A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the right to work in New Zealand or hold a valid work visa for at least 12 months