Specialist- UX Designer Duplicate 1 - Sky
About the role…
If the idea of working with entertainment & sport content is appealing, then this is the job for you!
Yes, as our families will often ask, part of this role is to actually watch great content!
But before you get out the popcorn and prepare to relax on the recliner, the role is much bigger than just watching TV!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our fast paced, challenging and highly motivated Technology team. As a Media Operator you will work within a friendly team in a varied and diverse role that provides for many areas of our business.
Our team at Sky look to us for their content; no matter where it comes from, where it is going or where it is stored, we make it happen. If you have a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn, we would love to hear from you!
Ideally you will have experience working in a similar technical role processing media files for broadcast, online or production, but this is not mandatory if your demonstrate an enthusiasm and passion for great entertainment and a willingness to learn, we are always on the look out for future stars so there could be an opportunity for you!
The key areas of focus will include:
Working in Media Operations, you will process media files and live content to be used by our Production and Content teams on any of our platforms. The successful candidate will be trained on our systems and processes and be expected to operate both in a solo capacity and within the team.
• Manage media, ingest and processing tasks
• Prepare and segment content for use on our platforms
• Edit sports content for our online and broadcast platforms
• Ingest incoming live content feeds
• Complete closed captioning tasks
• Metadata, Server and System management
• Quality assessment to meet international standards
• Operate file based and video tape production systems
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
• NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
• Media based tertiary qualification is desired
• Computer literate and confident with technology
• Previous experience in a media processing environment beneficial
• Ability to think clearly and remain calm in challenging situations
• High levels of attention to detail and precise data entry
• Fanatical about Sport and Entertainment programming
• Excellent written and oral communicator
• Availability to work within a 24/7 shift pattern
The Cherry on the top…
• An excellent salary package
• Free Sky and Free Neon
• Flexible Working Hours and Location
• Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
• Free parking onsite
A Bit About Us…
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
How to Apply
Please apply through SEEK. A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the right to work in New Zealand.