Media Operator - Sky
If the idea of working with entertainment & sport content is appealing; you take pride in your work, are adaptable and enjoy working with technology, then this is the job for you!
Yes, as our families will often ask, part of this role is to actually watch great content!
But before you get out the popcorn and prepare to relax on the recliner, the role is much bigger than just watching TV!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our fast paced, challenging and highly motivated Technology team. As a Media Operator you will work within a friendly team in a varied and diverse role that provides for many areas of our business.
The team at Sky look to us for their content; no matter where it comes from, where it is going or where it is stored, we make it happen. If you have a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn, we would love to hear from you!
Ideally you will have experience working in a similar technical role processing media files for broadcast, online or production. If you haven’t but can show an enthusiasm and passion for media, backed by a history of related study, we are always on the look out for future stars so there could be an opportunity for you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
Working in Media Operations, you will process media files and live content to be used by our Production and Content teams on any of our platforms. The successful candidate will be trained on our systems and processes and be expected to operate both in a solo capacity and within the team.
• Manage media, ingest and processing tasks
• Prepare and segment content for use on our platforms
• Edit sports content for our online and broadcast platforms
• Ingest incoming live content feeds
• Complete closed captioning tasks
• Metadata, Server and System management
• Quality assessment to meet international standards
• Operate file based and video tape production systems
For this role you will need:
• NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
• Media based tertiary qualification is desired
• Computer literate and confident with technology
• Previous experience in a media processing environment beneficial
• Ability to think clearly and remain calm in challenging situations
• High levels of attention to detail and precise data entry
• Fanatical about Sport and Entertainment programming
• Excellent written and oral communicator
• Availability to work within a 24/7 shift pattern
Working for Sky
From live sport to movies, premium drama to world class documentaries and breaking news – SKY is giving Kiwis their daily fix of the best content. With over 30 years in the business, we love working hard to reward our customers with unique experiences, every day.
We’re looking for unique, talented, and driven people to be a part of our future. Careers at SKY give you the opportunity to grow, develop and learn; to explore new ideas, influence real change and make an impact. You’ll be a part of a friendly team of over 1100, and you won’t be short of benefits to enjoy – free Sky and Neon, plus a range of health and fitness options like access to onsite group fitness classes and yoga, and an onsite café plus free parking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting places to work in New Zealand, in one of the leading industries in the world. We're always on the lookout for passionate people to join our crew.
You must be available for immediate interview and have the right to live and work in this location.