Neon – a New Look, 100% New Zealand Owned and a New Offer for Kiwis - Sky
New Neon is on its way!
The result of a match between Lightbox and Neon, the biggest 100% New Zealand-owned paid entertainment platform will go live on 7 July 2020. Until then, the Lightbox and Neon teams are managing a merger; ensuring the systems, services and favourite shows like The Handmaid’s Tale and Game of Thrones are all in place for customers to enjoy, uninterrupted.
Ricki Taiaroa, who is heading up the joining of the brands says, “Neon and Lightbox have come into their own during lockdown. We’ve been pleased to see good growth from customers streaming binge-worthy TV series and movies from the safety of their bubbles. This has set us up well to unite the two platforms under the new Neon brand and bring our customers the great content they deserve.”
“We’ve been talking with both sets of Lightbox and Neon customers, and reaching out into the wider community, to understand what they would like to see. Now we’re working hard to bring together the best parts of both. We’re looking forward to seeing how New Zealand reacts when we launch new Neon on July 7. There’s going to be so much content in one place for only $13.95 per month. The feedback we’ve received tells us it’s a match made in binge-watching heaven."
So, what’s changing?
- Neon customers will have access to Lightbox’s best shows and series and Lightbox customers will be able to enjoy great Neon shows, series and selected movies from 7 July. When Lightbox merges with Neon, the hardest decision for customers will be what to watch first!
- The Neon streaming platform has been enhanced taking some of best features of Lightbox and making it easier to use and also more robust.
- We’ve added new features such as downloads, and Lightbox customers will now be able to watch movies and download Box Office releases – which they were unable to do previously.
- The perfect pairing of Neon and Lightbox will be available for only $13.95 per month, with no contract required, giving customers access to a tonne of quality content at a fantastic value.
What do customers need to do?
Nothing yet - the switch over will take a few weeks to finalise in the background.
As the team gets closer to July 7, all customers will be sent simple instructions for what to do when the changeover takes effect. For the most part it will involve downloading or refreshing the Neon app on a smartphone, tablet or smart TV.
Where do customers go if they have any questions?
The best place is to head to Frequently Asked Questions or the Neon Facebook page. It’s important to note some Lightbox customers will have Lightbox as part of a mobile and/or broadband package with Spark. Spark will be contacting all these customers with details on how the switch to new Neon will happen for them. So, while customers don’t need to do anything just yet, very soon they’ll be able to use their smartphone, tablet or smart TV to enjoy the absolute best from the new Neon – designed by Kiwis for Kiwis.
- New Neon customers will have access to fantastic Lightbox content, while Lightbox customers will be able to view Neon’s shows, series and selected movies (previously not included in their subscription) all for a low $13.95 per month.
- New release movies will also be available for renting by customers without needing a Neon subscription.
- Closer to 7 July customers will be asked to refresh or download their app to ensure they have ongoing (and improved!) access to the best shows, series and movies.
- The standard price for the new Neon streaming service will be $13.95 per month. Partner brands may offer packages at different rates.