Neon Social Media Specialist - Sky
Who we are
We’re Sky - an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for over 30 years. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
As the Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for the execution of NEON’s social media content plan.
What we are looking for
A savvy, creative and curious social media specialist to execute the social media plan for New Zealand’s best online streaming service. You’ll be well-versed in social media, content creation and customer-focussed with a passion for sharing outstanding content and stories. You’ll enjoy collaborating with our cross-functional teams to promote great shows from The Handmaid’s Tale to Love Island.
You’ll support the Marketing and Brand Manager by creating content to develop an engaged, positive social media community, as well as supporting wider marketing campaigns, driving engagement and excitement around the NEON content and product. You’ll curate and edit our content-related assets to drive word of mouth, so will possess a strong desire and knack for show and celebrity relevancy and remain in-tune with newest trends, viral postings and up-and-coming social media technologies. This is a truly hands-on role.
The Neon team are a professional bunch who are fun to be around. Our backgrounds are diverse and we share strong values and a passion for bringing great TV and movies to New Zealand. You’ll work within your cross-functional squad of marketers, data analysts, content planners and agencies to ensure your activity is aligned with our squad goals and exceed customer experience expectations.
The key areas of focus will include:
- Working under the guidance of the Neon Marketing and Brand Manager to research, plan and implement the social plan for Neon social media activity
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate social media and content calendar, based on the social plan
- Using consumer insights and social media trends that appeal to our target market and customer base to identify and develop ways to better engage with audiences and apply key learnings in a continuous improvement model
- Gathering, curating and creating assets for social media posts that promote excitement and engagement from fans, driving word of mouth
- Working under the guidance of the Neon Marketing and Brand Manager to co-ordinate assets and liaise with internal and external agencies to deliver best practice campaigns
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
- 3+ years’ social media marketing experience
- A passion for social media and good judgment about what captures people’s attention and gets people talking as well as brand-safety
- Broad grasp of budgets
- Proficient with all major social media platforms
- Experience working with agencies
- Profound love of television and film
The Cherry on the top…
- An excellent salary package
- Free Sky and Free Neon
- Flexible Working Hours and Location
- Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
- Free parking onsite
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter through SEEK
A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the right to work in New Zealand or hold a valid work visa for at least 12 months from date