On Air Controller - Sky
Broadcast and Production Roles for Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for over 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
Sky is excited to be the official Broadcaster in NZ for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, coming up in July this year.
We are seeking applications from energetic individuals who want to be part of the team that will deliver comprehensive coverage of the Commonwealth Games to our fans across all our platforms.
This is a contractor position, where you will need to complete an invoice on a fortnightly basis. The role is based at our Mt Wellington Studio in Auckland. Please note that this role does not involve travel to Birmingham.
This is a great opportunity, and we want to hear from you if you:
- Love sports
- Have completed a tertiary qualification or experience in Television/Radio Broadcast or Production
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Can multi task and keep calm under pressure
- Can work rostered shift work including weekends and overnights
- Have your own transport and can travel to and from our Mt Wellington Studio
- Are available to work from 2nd May until 8th August 2022
What you’ll be doing:
- Use of Broadcast equipment and systems to control Sky Sport 1 or more Sky Sport channels
- Ensure seemless transmission to deliver continuous coverage of the event to our customers across all of our platforms
- Work closely with the On Air team, Producers and Editor Clippers to ensure all live and replay programmes, commercials air as scheduled
- Make sound editorial decisions where necessary to ensure the smooth operation of channels with an emphasis on customer impact
- Follow standard operating procedures and accurately report issues
To be considered for a role, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be available for an immediate interview
- Currently reside in New Zealand and hold immigration papers to work in New Zealand
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
All applicants must submit:
- Current CV
- Cover letter stating:
- Your eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Availability for training and Operations for the duration of the event
Based in our Mt Wellington studios, we’re looking for unique, talented and driven people to be a part of our Birmingham Commonwealth Games Team. Sky gives you the opportunity to grow, develop and learn; to explore new ideas, influence real change and make an impact. If you have been waiting for the chance to work for one of New Zealand's best known brands in the entertainment field, then apply today.