Partnerships Lead, Sport - Sky
What are we looking for
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the sport and stories they love for over 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we are heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
As the Partnerships Lead Sport you will be responsible for negotiating new and renewed content rights. You are the decision maker on what content is acquired, the terms agreed and the spend committed. You’ll ensure the best content for the best price.
You are data obsessed and approach decisions in an intellectual manner based on logical analysis and available evidence. You successfully persuade and influence others. You are good at breaking down barriers and bringing people around to your point of view.
The key areas of focus will include:
• Establishing visibility and transparency across content acquisition planning for Sport
• Working collaboratively with Partnerships Associates and Content Leads in Content Programming, bringing to life a ‘one team’ mentality across functions
• Highlighting and driving opportunities for shared learning and improvement across Entertainment and Sport Partnerships
• Providing mentoring, coaching and oversight where required to Partnerships Associates and sharing knowledge to build capabilities and support negotiations that they run point on
• Negotiating new and renewed content rights through relationships with sport codes and other content distributors (as required)
• Maintaining oversight and driving ‘in-contract’ reviews across sport seasons and events, ensuring any changing requirements on either side are appropriately recognised, negotiated and agreed
• The content acquisition budget for content rights and being the ultimate decision maker on what content deals, the terms agreed, and the spend committed
• Determining content value based on viewership, subscriber and engagement forecasts and Sky’s strategic priorities
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
• 10+ years experience in the entertainment/content/TV/media arena
• 10+ years experience of partnership negotiations
• Comprehensive experience and literacy across contract terms and conditions interpretation
• High commercial and financial acumen with proven experience analysing and delivering sound contractual obligations for all parties concerned
• Experience in a role with expansive budget management and accountability
• Relevant tertiary qualification preferred, completion of a media or negotiation related course an advantage
• Wide knowledge of entertainment content and industry trends
The Cherry on the top…
• An excellent salary package
• Free Sky and Free Neon
• Flexible Working Hours and Location
• Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
• Free parking onsite
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and Cover letter through SEEK
A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the right to work in New Zealand or hold a valid work visa for at least 12 months from date of joining Sky.