Network Engineer/Senior Network Engineer - Sky
About the role…
As the Network Engineer you’ll design and monitor network systems and performance, and maintain network equipment.
As the Technical lead for the Network Team you will provide a conduit between Architecture and delivery. Sky operate in a bespoke dev/ops environment where design deploy and maintain are handled within the team. You will be interfacing with the business to develop solutions that will deliver business outcomes. Looks for better ways of doing things including deploying new technologies and automation to allow for a more streamlined delivery to help the network team to deliver faster.
You’ll need to be an expert problem solver who enjoys working collaboratively and is comfortable seeking and providing feedback to continuously improve the way we deliver to our internal and external customers.
The key areas of focus will include:
- Drafting and maintaining procedures and documentation for network solutions and support
- Implementation plans for complex requests for change
- Evaluating risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted)
- Seeking authority for those activities and reviewing the effectiveness of change implementation
- Suggesting improvements to organisational procedures governing change management
- Leading the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes
- Taking appropriate action to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services to provide preventative measures to limit recurrences.
- Ensuring problems are appropriately documented
- Coordinating the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Analysing patterns and trends
- End to end incident management within appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring a continuous improvement approach through root-cause analysis and active implementation of changes based on lessons learned
- Will also need to be hands on when needed to ensure high severity and operational issues are resolved.
- Consistent achievement of high customer service level standards (based on end customer or Sky employee measures)
- Network solutions align with business requirements to deliver Sky initiatives
- Established and effective relationships with users, key site contacts and internal and external service providers
- No avoidable outages during service times
- Consistently exceeded target availability levels and across the Sky Domain, Internet, Platforms and Network services
- Senior Network Engineer also looks like:
- Development of short term roadmaps and input into long term roadmaps and strategies
- Acts as a Technical lead for all network related delivery streams. Ensuring projects are aligned with architecture principals and strategy, and is a conduit between Architecture and delivery.
- Provides better ways of doing things including deploying new technologies and automation to allow for a more streamlined delivery to help the network team to deliver faster
What Skills and Experience you’ll need…
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or have an equivalent body of knowledge
- CCNA certification
- CCNP certification or working towards
- CCIE or working towards this Qualification
- ITIL Foundation knowledge preferred
- Technical Lead experience preferred
- Working knowledge of BGP is very desirable
- Preference given to individuals holding Industry Certification in multiple technology capabilities relevant to Sky’s infrastructure i.e. Cisco, Checkpoint
- At least 7 years’ experience in a complex Network environment
- Knowledge of VOIP (Teams and video conferencing) environments
- Exposure to disaster recovery procedures and testing
- Exposure to network technologies such as Checkpoint, NetScalers and Cisco ACI preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco technologies, network design and implementation (Including routing and switching, security appliances, advanced IOS expertise, Nexus etc)
The Cherry on the top…
- An excellent salary package
- Free Sky and Free Neon
- Flexible Working Hours and Location
- Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
- Free parking onsite
A Bit About Us…
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full role profile can be provided upon request