Senior Web Developer - Sky
About the role…
As the Senior Web React Developer, you are responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining Sky's website and My Account App.
A Bit About Us…
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for over 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
The key areas of focus will include:
- Work in conjunction with the other Developers and Solutions Architects in supporting and developing SKY's Web Apps and related applications and frameworks.
- Work in conjunction with the other Developers throughout the SDLC including; design, estimation and delivery
- Develop well designed, testable and efficient Websites and web Apps.
- Provide support to the Systems Specialist for Customer and Online applications to enhance and maintain SKY applications and configurations.
- Application planning, implementation, maintenance and enhancement.
- Content distribution beyond the web site and Apps(web services etc).
- Writing technical documentation to support projects.
- Work within SKY's Health and Safety policies and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Competence with React, React Native and Redux preferred
- Experience using Git and CI/CD
- Experience working with or designing RESTFUL APIs
- Responsive design and use of modern web frameworks
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals
- Frontend tools knowledge (e.g. NPM Scripts, Webpack, Grunt etc.)
- SOAP and REST based API integration
- Knowledge of common design patterns and when/how to use them
- Experience with CMS platforms, preferably Drupal and Wordpress
- Comfort with using Git
What Your Back Story Brings…
- Computer Science degree or similar.
- In-depth understanding of the SDLC
- A thorough understanding of best practice in developing secure websites and web Apps, applications and web services.
- 5+ years experience in web development using the following tools and methodologies:
- Web Services (RESTful or SOAP)
- Developing experience across the full stack (Java, NodeJS)
- AWS infrastructure and principles (Lambda, Microservices, API Gateway)
- Multi-platform skills (Mac/Linux/ Windows)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Experience in designing, developing and consuming Web Services
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery)
- Experience with Liferay or similar CMS desirable
- 4+ years commercial experience in web development, interactive and integrated environments.Experience with agile methodologies desirable.
The Cherry on the top…
• An excellent salary package
• Free Sky and Free Neon
• Flexible Working Hours and Location
• Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
• Free parking onsite
How to Apply
Please apply through Seek. A full role profile can be provided upon request. You must have the Right to work in NZ.