Software Engineer - Sky
About the role…
As the Software Engineer you’ll provide application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions.
You’ll need to be an expert problem solver who enjoys working collaboratively and is comfortable seeking and providing feedback to continuously improve the way we deliver to our internal and external customers.
The key areas of focus will include;
• Managing application enhancements and support to improve business performance
• Advising on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery
• Ensuring that all requests for support are dealt with
• Taking appropriate action to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services
• Ensuring problems are appropriately documented
• Proactively maintain and improve the infrastructure within the cloud and op-prem environment with focus on access control, network security and uptime, utilising automation and configuration management tools.
• Ensure application and infrastructure availability and performance via monitoring and alerts.
• Work with the development team to design and implement solutions.
• Work with development team to design, develop and maintain the build and deployment pipelines.
• Maintain infrastructure documentation, including policies and procedures.
What skills and experience you’ll need…
• Computer Science or similar degree or have an equivalent body of knowledge/experience
• Challenge assumed solutions to requirements/user stories
• Ability to mentor and coach and step into other Agile roles
• 5-7 years’ experience in software engineering
• 3 + years’ experience in DevOps with a focus on continuous integration and delivery ( CI/CD)
• 2 + years’ experience in Supporting Data Systems and ETL Tools such as Oracle, Snowflake, Informatica, Talend, SAP and Cloudera
• Knowledge in Azure DevOps, Git, JFrog, Jenkins, Docker, or similar devops tools and technologies
• Experience with IAC tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible
• Experience working with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Typescript)
• Experience with querying and programming languages (e.g. SQL, PySpark, Scala)
• Knowledge of AWS cloud-based technologies (e.g. Lamda, S3, SNS, IAM, KMS, VPC, EC2, etc)
• Familiarity in Networking Services to support complex deployment architecture
• Experience with exposing data for reporting purposes (e.g. SAP BI, Power BI, etc.)
• Experience with streaming data
• Experience supporting Data Ingestion technologies (e.g. NiFi).
• Exposure and understanding of Big Data Technologies and supporting Clustered Environments (e.g. Cloudera, Informatica, SAP BI, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, etc)
The cherry on the top…
• An excellent salary package
• Free Sky and Free Neon
• Flexible Working including working from home
• Discounted Gym Membership at the YMCA
• Free parking onsite
A bit about us…
We’re Sky, an entertainment company that has been connecting New Zealanders to the stories and sport they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we’re heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full role profile can be provided upon request.