REF NO: 3286
POSITION: TECHNICAL CO-ORDINATOR
DEPT: SPORT AND BROADCAST
LOCATION: MT WELLINGTON
WHAT KINDS OF THINGS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a well-organized person to provide overall Technical Coordination for MCR, Media Operations and Production in all Broadcast locations.
WHAT ARE THE KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
- To effectively operate the ScheduALL booking system and bring together information from Programming, Production, other Sky departments and external parties.
- To coordinate Production Requirements, ENG Kit and Resource bookings by Sports Production, and all other Sky departments and External clients as required
- To ensure all equipment/resources are utilised in the most efficient way
- To attend regular Sports Production Planning Meetings
- To provide guidance to Production and Broadcast Managers on the availability of resources
- To prepare the Record Schedule as per ScheduAll Work Orders
- To coordinate MCR Lines Feeds bookings including Visual Paths
- To liaise with Sports Production to book Production resources on behalf of non-Sky Sport departments and external clients.
- To liaise with international Organization and Sporting bodies.
- To allocate specific IRD’s meant for satellite reception.
- To allocate specific decoder for IP contribution and allocate proper streaming protocol for distribution feed.
- To ensure accurate records of resource time used is entered in to ScheduALL
- To facilitate all ENG kit bookings including check in/check out.
- Assist in the training of new team members on all core team functions
- To assist in the creation and maintenance of departmental processes and procedures
- Other duties and projects as requested by the Technical Coordinator & MCR Manager.
- Work within Sky’s Health and Safety policies and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Minimum – NCEA Level 2
- Technical aptitude
- Experience within either a broadcasting or Resources /Facilities environment
- Previous knowledge working with ScheduALL booking system
- Knowledge of baseband broadcast chain flow is an advantage.
- Knowledge of satellite Downlink and Uplink system is an advantage.
- Knowledge of IP routing / switching / protocols and compression is an advantage.
- Production Management
- Office management
- A minimum of one years’ experience in a related role within the broadcast/television industry is preferred
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 30 September 2019
A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE FROM HR
COME WITH US BY:
Sending your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
All SKY employees with 6 months plus service are entitled to apply for positions advertised internally. For employees with less than six months’ company service, the application must have the approval of their Direct Manager. The Manager has the right to veto the application during this initial six-month period.
- Publisher: SKYTV.co.nz
- Page Type: SKY TV
- Site Section: SKY TV - ROS
- Dimensions: Leaderboard (728px X 90px)
- Position: Right