Igloo Is Now Closed
HOW TO WATCH FREEVIEW CHANNELS THROUGH YOUR IGLOO BOX
IGLOO closed on 1st March. If you have an IGLOO box, you should have received an automatic update to so that you may still be able to watch Freeview channels. The update means you won’t have some functionality and technical support you normally get from IGLOO. If you didn’t get the update, please follow the instructions below:
Didn’t get the update?
If your TV doesn’t look like this after 1st March 2017 this means you haven’t received the automatic update. To manually download the update, grab a USB stick and follow the steps below:
- Ensure the USB stick has been cleared or formatted
- Download this file on to a cleared USB. The file name should end in .SDL
- Safely remove the USB from your computer and then pop it into the USB slot on the back or left hand side of your IGLOO box. It will look like this (insert image).
- Once the USB is in the IGLOO box, turn off the power at the plug for about 10 seconds.
- Switch the IGLOO box back on. It will begin to reboot and download the info from your USB stick. This will take about 10 minutes and you’ll be able to see the progress on your screen. While this is downloading, you won’t be able to use your IGLOO box.
- Once the download is done you can take out your USB stick. You’ll know the download happened as there won’t be any IGLOO branding on your screen anymore but there should be a basic TV guide for you to use. If you run into trouble or are unable to do this, call us on 0800 2 44566 and we’ll sort you out.
Need a GST receipt?
Call us on 0800 2 44566 before 31st March 2017 and we’ll get you a copy.
CHECK OUT WHAT'S ON SKY'S BASIC PACKAGE!
SKY’s Basic Package* offers something for everyone. With over 50 channels including documentaries, kids, drama, music, entertainment, news and free to air channels.
Here are just a few:
*Basic channels current as at 4 July 2016. Not all Freeview channels are available on SKY. At SKY we work hard to provide the best value we can for our customers so this line up may change from time to time to reflect the rights we have secured.
If you purchased your IGLOO box in the last 12 months from one of our official retail partners or directly via us and it’s defective, you’re still covered.
Give us a call on 0800 2 44566 and we’ll help get this sorted.