SKY NETWORK TELEVISION
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Your privacy: SKY Network Television Limited ("SKY") is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information, and will hold all personal information collected in association with SKY in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993.
- personal information submitted by you on this website and otherwise in the course of using or applying for any SKY services related, associated with, or connected to, this website, SKY competitions and promotions or SKY offers (the "SKY services"); and
- any information automatically retrieved during visits to this website.
- Collection, use and disclosure of personal information;
- Access to, editing and deleting personal information;
- Storage and processing of personal information;
- Cookies and automatically retrieved information;
- Account security; and
- Links to external websites.
3. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Visitors: You may browse and access information contained on this website without providing personally identifiable information. However, some information is automatically retrieved while you visit this website. You agree that SKY may collect information about you and/or your household (including information about the products and services that you and/or your household use) from time to time from you and from other services and by other means.
- Personal information: To register or apply for certain SKY services (on this website or by other means), you may need to submit personal information such as your email address, name, physical address, telephone number, gender and date of birth. You may be asked to submit further information via this website or other means from time to time.
- Use of information: Your personal information will only be used to:
- assess and process your application for SKY services, including by sharing your personal information with third party agencies for the purposes of credit check analysis; and/or
- provide the SKY services to you; and/or
- communicate with you and/or your household in relation to this website, the SKY services, and/or your Sky subscription; and/or
- keep you informed of and promote current or planned products and/or services of SKY (including DVD Unlimited and Prime Television), and our selected business partners; and/or
- conduct market research and generate and provide statistical analysis and rating information; and/or
- conduct credit control and debt collection activities (including logging overdue debts owed to Sky with credit reference agencies).
- Disclosure of information: Unless you have authorised us to do so, SKY will not rent or sell your personal information and will not disclose it to any third party except:
- where disclosure is connected to the purposes for which the information was collected as listed in clause 3.3;
- to our service providers, credit reference and debt collection agencies, communications and network operators and selected business partners;
- to relevant authorities, parties and/or applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider that you are in breach of SKY's rights; or
- where required, or permitted, by law.
4. ACCESS TO, EDITING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Access: You may ask to see the personal information that SKY holds about you at any time by contacting us or by viewing your details at your account page.
- Editing and deleting: You may also ask SKY to correct, alter or delete any personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Alternatively you are able to do this yourself at your account page.
5. STORAGE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Storage and processing: SKY will store and process your personal information in New Zealand or in any other country in which SKY or our selected business partners maintain facilities for doing so. Your personal information may therefore be transferred outside of New Zealand.
- Retention: SKY will hold your personal information both before and after the termination or cancellation of your SKY subscription (and may use it in accordance with clause 3.3, as applicable) but only for as long as we are lawfully entitled to use that information.
6. COOKIES AND AUTOMATICALLY RETRIEVED INFORMATION
- Cookies: When you enter this website your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. These are text files that identify your computer to our server, so that when you visit the website again, the cookie will identify your computer to SKY's web server. This allows us to improve the speed and reliability of this website and provide you with a better service. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users and are not used to collect or store personal information about you. Visitors have the ability to set their computers to notify them when a cookie is issued, or to reject any cookies, but the latter means that certain SKY services will not be provided to the visitor.
- Automatically retrieved information: Some information may be automatically retrieved while you access and browse this website including:
- the features that you use, the pages that you visit and the actions that you take on this website;
- your IP address (i.e. the location of your computer on the internet);
- the domain name that you are accessing the internet from; and
- the browser and search engine (if any) that your computer uses.
- Purposes: The information automatically retrieved is used in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of and improve this website and the SKY services, and to determine our visitors' preferences and interests.
7. ACCOUNT SECURITY
- SKY security: To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of any information supplied by you, SKY has put in place physical, electronic and managerial processes to protect your information. Additionally, all user information stored on this website is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure login information and other security procedures.
- Your security: You must keep any login, password or account information relating to your use of this website secure at all times.
8. LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES