(a) personal information submitted to us on or through our websites, apps, when becoming a SKY customer, and otherwise in the course of using or applying for any products or services we provide ("SKY Services");
(b) personal information we collect that otherwise relates or is connected to the SKY Services (eg in relation to a competition or promotion run in association with SKY, or on social media);
(c) where we have arrangements with a third party (eg a reseller, or your internet or mobile service provider) to provide and or promote any of our services ("Third Party Supplier"), the information we receive from such Third Party Suppliers; and
(d) any information automatically retrieved during visits to our website or on or through our apps, and other SKY Services.
6. When we collect information: When you provide personal information to us (eg by contacting or corresponding with us, or you enter one of our promotions or competitions), or you subscribe to or use a SKY Service, or you download or use a SKY App, we may (either directly, via our service providers or otherwise) collect personal information about you, your household and the way you and your household use our websites, apps and the other products and services that we provide.
7. Information we collect: The kinds of information we collect may include:
(a) any information actively provided to us, such as your name and contact details, any discounts or special offers that apply to you, and if you subscribe to a SKY Service, whether you subscribe directly or via a reseller or Third Party Supplier;
(b) details of your subscription(s) and the devices used to access our services (such as IP address and type of device and connection);
(c) your credit history and payment details
(d) information about what services are being used by you or on your account and when and how they are being used (including how you interact with the various features and functionality of our websites, apps, products and services);
(e) information about how you interact and communicate with us and others about our products and services (including via direct feedback, social media, and customer service).
If you do not provide personal information when we request, it may mean that we cannot provide you with certain products or services. For example, if you do not provide us with your address, we cannot subscribe you to our SKY Basic Service.
8. Purpose: The information we collect is held and used by us for the purpose of:
(a) communicating with you and your household (by telephone, post, email, text, in-app message or otherwise) in relation to the products or services that you use, any contract you have with us, and to seek your feedback on our services;
(b) responding to claims or complaints made by you or any member of your household;
(c) cooperating with Government, regulatory or industry authorities;
(d) providing you with SKY Services and any other products or services that you receive from us, including by cooperating and sharing information with our resellers and providers of services that are bundled with ours;
(e) running and administering promotions and competitions;
(f) marketing and promoting our and/or third party products and services to you and your household, including by targeting advertising (eg to ensure that people viewing our advertisements and any third party advertisements on our services are receiving advertisements that may be relevant to them);
(g) allowing you to view information about your account and your use of our products and services;
(h) monitoring (and enforcing) compliance with the law and applicable terms and conditions;
(i) improving and optimising our service offerings, market research, generating and providing statistical analysis and rating information; and
(j) credit and risk assessment and management, identity verification, and debt collection (which includes providing various credit information, including positive credit information, and information about overdue debts and/or liquidated damages you owe us, to credit reference agencies).
9. Disclosure: Unless you have authorised us to do so, we will not rent or sell your personal information and will not disclose it to any third party except:
(a) where disclosure is connected to the purposes for which the information was collected as listed in clause 7;
(b) to our service providers, resellers and Third Party Suppliers, credit reference and debt collection agencies, communications and network operators and selected business partners;
(c) to relevant authorities, parties and/or applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider that you are in breach of the law or our rights; or
(d) where required, or permitted, by law.
10. Opt outs: You may opt out of receiving commercial electronic messages from us by using the unsubscribe facility we provide in the message. As the database we operate for the SKY Services can be separate to the databases we operate for other (stand-alone) services, you agree that in some cases you may need to opt out of our individual databases separately (and in order to stop receiving commercial electronic messages from us altogether, you may need to opt out more than once). Subject to the previous sentence, we will handle opt-out requests in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
11. Access and correction: You may request access to or correction of your personal information at any time by writing to us at PO Box 9059, Newmarket, Auckland or here. If you set up MY ACCOUNT, you also have the ability to access and update many of your account details online.
12. Storage and processing: We will store and process your personal information in New Zealand or in any other country in which we or our selected business partners maintain facilities for doing so. Your personal information may therefore be transferred outside of New Zealand.
13. Retention and use after termination: If you have a subscription with us, we may hold and use personal information about you and your household for a period after you terminate your subscription, and we may continue to contact you after your subscription ends, as permitted by applicable law. We will only hold and use personal information for as long as we are legally entitled to.
14. Cookies: You can browse our websites (while you are not logged in) without providing any personal information. However, when you enter our websites, your device will automatically be issued with a cookie. These identify your device to us so that we can track your activity and interests, improve the speed and reliability of our websites and provide you with better and more relevant services and advertising. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users and are not used to collect or store personal information about you. Depending on your device, you may be able to change your settings to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to reject any cookies, but the latter means that we cannot provide certain services.
15. Automatically retrieved information: Some information may be automatically retrieved while you access and browse our websites or use our apps or other services (whether or not you are logged in) including:
(a) the features that you use, the pages that you visit and the actions that you take;
(b) your IP address;
(c) if you are accessing our website, the domain name that you are accessing the internet from; and
(d) your device, and the browser and search engine (if any) that your device uses.
The information automatically retrieved is used in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of and improve our services, and to determine our visitors' preferences and interests (including to provide you with more relevant advertising). Although this information may not identify you personally, we may later match it with other identifiable data (eg your SKY account details) to make it identifiable, and use it as described in this Policy.
16. Security: To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of any information supplied by you, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial processes to protect your information. However, it is your responsibility to keep any login, password or account information relating to your use of our websites, apps and other services secure at all times.
17. External links: our websites may contain links to external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of any such external websites.